Preparing for Life in Modern Britain
We are a broadly Christian school, promoting tolerance and respect for all cultures, faiths and lifestyles through direct and indirect teaching of 'Community & Cultures'. This links directly with our teaching and support of British Values - pupils learn about and interact in our school and local community, and extend their learning/skills/knowledge to communities in Britain and around the world, to prepare them positively for a life in modern Britain (please see our website tab 'Welcome: British Values').
Please see the 'Curriculum' tab on our website
- Displays: Cross-curricular themes
- Resources: Library packs - Religions, Festivals, Countries, Local Area, Caring for the world, People who help us, multicultural stories
- Events: Royal Wedding, Golden Jubilee, World Cup, Olympics, School Council meetings; General Election + KINS General Election
Racist Incidents Procedure + Policy; Anti-bullying Policy; Equality Policy; Learning themes linked to 'Community'
- Parish Council: giving out awards, competitions, taking part in/leading school events, partnership working; bi-monthly page in 'Kilburn News'; support with fundraising; Parish events e.g. litter picking
- Use of school buildings: Citizen's Advice Bureau, Adult Education, Nurture Group, Belper Children's Centre
- Visits to: Baptist Church, Nature Reserve, Post Office, Junior School, Cox's Car Garage
- Taking part in community events: Remembrance Day, Carol Service, Fundraising for Padley Centre; Termly donations for Belper Homeless Charity
- Supporting Community: 'Jeans for Genes', Comic Relief, British Heart Foundation, DBA, Children in Need
- Baptist Church, Horsley Church, Open Centre, Gurdwara, Pickford House Museum, Crich Tramway Museum, Sudbury Museum of Childhood, Chesterfield at Christmas, Ripley Library, Eco-Centre, Tropical Butterfly House, Twycross Zoo, National Space Centre
- Christians in Derbyshire Schools, local police, DCFC, St John's Ambulance, African Drumming Workshop, Denby Cricket Club, NSPCC